Wednesday, September 23, 2009

JetBlue All-You-Can-Jet Weekend #2: Boston, Buffalo/Niagara Falls, New Orleans


Fireworks over Niagara Falls, last Friday.

Hey everyone!

It has been a while since I have heard a peep from any of my former students! I hope you are doing well and staying busy with the new year. I know that I definitely am. Everything is moving so fast! I have to get to bed pretty early tonight because I have a very long Thursday tomorrow (capped off by the Portland to New York red-eye, again), however, I wanted to be sure to post a few pictures of my last weekend. Here you go, with limited commentary:

BOSTON:


This is Paul Revere's house - the oldest still standing in Boston!


Old North Church, where Paul Revere had his men hang lanterns in the steeple - "One if by land and two if by sea!"


The Boston State House, or perhaps more famously, where the Boston Massacre happened!


Boston Harbor, where the Boston Tea Party took place!


This is me and my old college roommate Max, who lives 30 minutes away from Boston and was my tour guide for the day.


BUFFALO/NIAGARA FALLS:


The American side of Niagara Falls.


In front of the falls.


Checking out the falls from the Canadian side of the border, on a huge tower.


The Canadian falls.


Pretty dang impressive, right? :-)


NEW ORLEANS:


This was literally outside my window as we parked at the gate. I felt welcomed.


The New Orleans skyline, with the Superdome on the right. Thousands of people took refuge there during Hurricane Katrina.


Bourbon Street, in the French Quarter. What an experience!


New Orleans gumbo! It was really good!


My friend Erin and I. Erin lives in New Orleans with her husband Josh and generously hosted me for the day!

----

That's about it folks! Tomorrow night I am off to the Caribbean! The destination is Saint Maarten, which is half French and half Dutch (The Netherlands). It has some the best plane spotting opportunities in the world. Also, I'm looking forward to kicking back on a sandy beach for once.

Keep checking back for the pictures! I miss all of you! Please keep working hard! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr.Fritz
hows ur job
im glad that ur doing well