Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome Back to School!


In the canyon at Zion National Park in Utah, 2007.

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to the grind of the school year! I hope that I am not the only one who is very excited to finally be going back! The time off was fantastic, but it is absolutely time to teach and learn some more.

Just so everyone knows, camp last week was absolutely fantastic. I already have my group of 10 incoming Freshman at Marshall who I will be tutoring this year. We became a really tight knit group at camp! That is what climbing 135 feet high trees with your team holding on to you will do! We did all sorts of other fun activities as well, but most of all, I think I really developed a great connection with all of my kids. I am very much looking forward to school starting tomorrow (though I don't actually start seeing my students after school until Thursday).

In other news, I am definitely incredibly excited to be going to New York City for 9/11 this Friday! You can be sure that I will be updating this blog after every weekend of my JetBlue pass, letting you know about where I have been.

Anyway, what I am most interested in is how all of you are doing in your sophomore year of classes! Be sure to e-mail me or post on the blog if you need any help or guidance with anything going on. I am sure it will be a great year for all of you! :-)

I also want to congratulate Westview Football on their gigantic win at Barlow last Friday. A great way to start off the season! I will definitely try to make it out to at least one game, probably in the middle of October.

Along those lines, I am also really hoping to come out to Westview for a few hours on a Friday a little later in the year, just to see Mrs. DeFrance and everyone else, as well as possible partake in a little lunch hoops? Let me know if there is a good day for that.

If anyone is going to the Ducks game this Saturday, 9/12 against Purdue (I am really glad that I didn't have to witness the debacle of last week on TV, because I was at camp), let me know, as I will be down in Eugene for it (after tons of traveling).

Also, The Office Season 5 DVD comes out today (Tuesday). Woo hoo! Super excited! The new season starts in a few weeks too. Everything is starting up again! Soon it will be the Blazers as well!

That's about all I have for you - just wishing everyone that reads this a fantastic first day and week! You guys are all amazing and I know you will have a great year!

Unitl next time...

2 comments:

Abe said...

Hey fritz. im in class

Luke Fritz said...

ouHey Abe!

Pay attention to what is going on, please! Hope you are doing great!

:-)