Sunday, July 19, 2009

Now What?


John and I, at his wedding last weekend in Gold Beach! Photo by my dad, Steven Fritz

Hello all!

Let's see, since the last time I wrote to you, I have:

1) Went to aforementioned wedding in Gold Beach.
2) Finished Lewis and Clark's Masters in Teaching Program - school is finally out for me!
3) Played tennis 5 consecutive days in a row.
4) Beat "Minesweeper" on Expert difficulty 9 times, with the current record at 184 seconds. EDIT: Right after posting this, I beat it twice more, lowering my best time to 182 seconds!
5) Continued to watch "Planet Earth" on DVD - I just finished the "Jungles" section.
6) Contemplated what the heck I am going to do next year roughly one thousand times.

That about sums it up! I had really forgotten how boring summer can be without anything planned to do! Basically, I have been sitting inside, finishing up the last few odds and ends for Lewis and Clark, and trying to stay out of the heat. Really, the only solid thing on my schedule right now is Jury Duty, which is next Monday, the 27th.

Of course, I do have a ton of other things to do as well - namely, preparing essay answers to all the school districts application questions: Beaverton alone has FIVE. The hard thing about those is that since there are no jobs open, it is difficult to tell which I should be concentrating on doing first (and thus, I have a lack of motivation to do them). Ugh, I can never win!

Here are some fun pictures from recent events for you all:


Another great one by my dad - we liked this one so much that we are making a print and giving it to the Trauts (our next door neighbors, remember) as a present.


At almost every wedding I go to, I like to take a black and white photo of the first dance. It just seems so classy!


On the way back to Portland, we stopped at the Wildlife Safari in Winston, Oregon. Here are some mean looking bison, staring down my car!


Finally, here is a picture of my friends Jessica, Alexis, and me from the Lewis and Clark graduation party this last Thursday. If you have a fantastic memory, you will recall that Jessica gave me the Santa Claus/Muslim hat/beard lesson, and that Alexis gave me the ball of yarn connecting us all activity. Two awesome ladies - I am sad to no longer have classes with them!

Okay, I am off to go play some more tennis (though my hand and arms are starting to feel the effects of so much play)! Let me know what you guys are up to! Also, check out the new poll, which I will use to coordinate my posts on here! Hope all is well!

No comments: