Sunday, August 30, 2009

Out Camping This Week


A photo of mine from Arches National Park in Utah, which I visited in the summer of 2007.

Hello all,

I wanted to give everyone a heads up: I will be away from all forms of electronic contact this week (it will be a good change of pace for me!) because I will be out at Camp Tillikum, near Newberg, with the rest of the Step Up crew and students from Marshall. It is our big week to get to know each other and develop some great working relationships for when we get back to school and start the year. So, I will not be able to respond or post any comments, or reply to e-mails (I love that I still get some from time to time from some of you - it always brightens my day) until Friday around 6:00 PM.

In other news, here's the deal with the JetBlue pass: Steven, my old roommate, had to drop out of getting one, but Ryan, with literally 5 minutes left, did end up buying it. Hurrah!

I just booked the last weekend of flights today: I will be heading to Bogota, Colombia from Oct. 2nd through the 4th! Even though he isn't going, Steve was able to get in touch with his Uncle down there, who was willing to host us for a couple of nights! So sweet.

I also booked the first weekend of flights, again. Get this: Portland to New York City on 9/10, getting in at 6:30 AM on 9/11. Day in NYC and Ground Zero in Manhattan, then 6:00 PM flight to Boston, followed by a 8:30 PM flight to Washington DC, where I will sleep in the airport for the night. On 9/12, fly from Washington DC (IAD) to Long Beach, California, departing at 7:40 AM and arriving at 10:00 AM PST. Then, Long Beach to Portland at 11:15, getting in at 1:35, in time to get home, shower up, then head down to the Ducks game at 7:15 PM in Eugene against Purdue!

The next day, I will get up super early again, and fly from Portland to Long Beach to San Jose, CA back to Long Beach, then back to Portland, all in one day, getting back home around 7:30.

So far, the total cost of all of these flights (two out the the available four weekends) would have been $2495.10. Because I have the pass, it is all for $600. Seriously, so sweet. Here's a map of where I have flights to booked so far:

Great Circle Mapper: Weekends #1 and #4.

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer! I have seen an increase in the blog traffic around here, so I know people are beginning to check back in!

Until Friday... :-)

No comments: