Sunday, June 14, 2009

We Might Have Something Here...


A graph of how many visitors to this blog there have been from when I put the visitor tracker on the website Saturday afternoon to when I am writing this post, at 10:00 PM on Sunday.

Hello everyone!

I must say, this is pretty exciting! For those of you that might not be able to understand the above graph, basically it is saying that there have been at least 40 (!!!) different "first-time" visitors (some may be the same person, on different computers) to this blog this weekend! When I first put it up, I started the count at 4, because I knew that at least that many had already stopped by. It looks like I may have underestimated things! Woo hoo! Very exciting stuff. You too can see how many people have stopped by, by looking at the counter in blue and red on the left side. If you need a little pointer, here it is:


I cannot believe that I did not investigate how to do this visitor thing before, when I was doing the class blogs. It would have been really nice to know if all of that hard work was actually being put to good use! It also might have been super depressing, so maybe it is for the better. Anyway, I am very excited about things. You can also note in the above picture that we already have SEVEN authors signed up to post blogs/pictures whenever they want. If you want to join this list, please e-mail me at LukeFritz@aol.com, so I can send you an invitation to join up. I still have about 21 open invitations, so check your e-mail, you might already have one from me!

That all being said, let's get on to some other interesting stuff. I am going to try and continue a bit of the News Brief section, because I thought that it was always fascinating to talk about what is going on in the world with you all.

First things first, check out the "This Day In History" item for today (Monday), right below the visitor counter? It's about Queen Noor! We totally talked about her in class! She married the King of Jordan 31 years ago today.

Speaking of the Middle East, my goodness, everyone should be paying a lot of attention to what is going on in Iran right now. Basically, since the "election," the youth of that country have risen up and said that they are not going to accept the continuing reign of President Ahmadinejad, the guy who really does not like America and has denied that the Holocaust happened. Here is a great running blog about everything going on over there, with pictures and videos of some of the riots: HuffingtonPost.com - Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising. Super, super interesting stuff.

Also, the Los Angeles Lakers won their 15th NBA Championship last night, beating the Orlando Magic in the series 4-1. I sent a congratulatory text message to Mr. Hardin, of course. The Blazers will have their turn soon, I am quite sure of it!


Me and my friend Clarke, at a Lakers game in Los Angeles against Golden State in 2007. Kobe Bryant had scored 50+ points four straight games going into this one, which he ended up scoring 43.

For those soccer fans and players in the audience, be sure to check out the United States play Italy today (Monday) on ESPN at 11:30 AM. So cool that we are actually able to watch stuff like this now! I will be taking in the start of the match before heading out to Westview, where I am coaching incoming Freshman football from 1:30-3:30, and the rest of the school from 3:00 to 5:00 (there is a bit of overlap there). That is the schedule all week, so if you want, come out to the football field and say hello!

Finally, here's an article that made me smile and think "what if?" when it comes to stopping Global Warming - WashingtonPost.com - White Rooftops May Help Slow Warming.

Again, please feel free to post whatever you want in the comments or on the actual blog (become an author)! This is about you guys now! Please enjoy your first Monday of summer break! Remember to post what you are doing, as well as upload pictures to the Group PhotoBucket Album using the password "newsbrief" - I see someone has already gone and commented on a few pictures, very nice!

Until next time...

9 comments:

Scout said...

wooohoo first to comment on this blog thingy ok but today i have to babysit boohooo oh well only 2 hours and then tomorrow is OMSI woohooo even more and then i don't know what else i am doing the rest of the week. Oh but maybe i don't know when but i am getting a haircut like a bob haircut kinda like arches but i do'nt know but im scared about it AHHHH

Lauren V. said...

That white roof article is pretty fascinating! I was reading it out loud so that my mom could hear. She totally thought it was an awesome idea. My mom is taking me to go take some pictures of the night life in Portland later this week. Hooray! More pictures! :)

Abe said...

Hey Mr. Fritz
How are you doing. This blog is awsome.

Luke Fritz said...

Hey Abe,

I am doing well, thanks for asking! Are you going to be at football practice at all this week? Or are you going to post the thing you made up for our class on here?

Everyone needs to take pictures and post them! I love seeing where everyone is going!

:-)

Abe said...

Im gonna post em up soon. Maybe now. Hey i just made an account and a blog. But the blog isnt even started yet but its pretty cool.

Luke Fritz said...

Abe,

You don't have to start your own blog - just post it all here! You are already an author, so you can post whenever you want!

Abe said...

ok

Abe said...

Hey Mr. Fritz
I just posted my stuff on m blog. By the way do you know how to edit the side of the blog, where you have all the cool stuff like espn and todays oregonion cover?

Luke Fritz said...

Hey Abe,

I am off to football practice (why haven't I seen you there?) so I can't really take too long to respond right now - the side stuff is a little tricky to configure. Basically, you have to go to the "layout" section of the blog, when you are behind the scenes. Also, how come you didn't just post your blog on this one? That would be perfect! I want you guys to write entries for this site as well! :-)