Saturday, June 13, 2009

Welcome to the Alumni Blog!

In London, during the summer of 2007 for a month long study abroad term. I cannot wait to hear all about where everybody travels to or does around town this summer!

Hello and welcome to the alumni blog, everyone!

I really do hope that this becomes a place where everyone can keep tabs on what is going on with everyone else, whether it be over the summer, or if you ever need help on an assignment, or want to talk about what is going on in this big wide world of ours! I am hoping to post every so often about what is going on in my life, though I will probably keep my own number of posts down, unless this idea really takes off. Hopefully, everyone is posting and talking to each other! Basically, let's continue the learning and the fun, as much as possible! If it becomes obvious that nobody is following along even every so often, I will just stop posting altogether. Let's please not have that happen!

I am thinking that this will be much less formal than the class blogs. For instance, I am taking away the "approve comments before they go up" rule that I have on the other blogs (unless I see some reason to go back to the other format) - meaning that if you enter a comment, it will post immediately, no matter when you post it. Hopefully, this will mean that there is much more talking to each other, rather than just to me. Also, as I think I mentioned to everyone, if you want to start posting your own blogs on this website, for people to comment on, make a Blogger ID, let me know what it is, and I can made you an author/contributor on here, so you can post whenever you want, about whatever you want (obviously, within reason).

I also have some other ideas, like guest appearances, topics, votes on settings (how do you like the flipped colors?) and generally, stuff to keep your interest.


So, the first question for anyone that is checking this, so I know that people are actually doing so - Are you going on vacation this summer? If so, where? If not, what do you plan to do around town?

Start posting in the comments and let's get this thing started! Come back often! :-)

Currently -
Located at: Home, Portland, OR.
Listening to: "Caribbean Blue" by Enya.
Reading: "1,000 Places To See Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz.

EDIT: Saturday, 6/13 - I just went through all of my old class related e-mails and sent invitations to everyone I could find, something like 23 different people. Spread the word, please! Sign up to be a poster, and e-mail everyone that I don't have addresses for! :-)

Also, Ben Ludeman, in the comments on the Period 1 blog, suggested that we have a group photobucket, for anyone to drop pictures into and see what is going on with everyone (besides just posting all your lovely pictures here on the blog, too). The address is really simple: http://photobucket.com/westviewgsalum. Sign up to view and post photos using the password "newsbrief" - I crack myself up. Great idea Ben!

13 comments:

Haze said...

first one to comment!

Luke Fritz said...

Haze,

By the time stamp here, you posted this in the middle of my class. Ugh, I am such a failure at detecting cell phone usage it is insane.

Glad to see that you made it on the blog!

Luke Fritz said...

I will start off by responding to the question...

Unfortunately, I think I will probably not be going anywhere super distant this summer. For this next week, I have football practice at Westview from 1-5, but that is about it. After next week, I start out my final term at Lewis and Clark, which goes until July 17. I will be insanely busy with that - the classes basically go from 9-5 every week day.

Throw in trying to find a job in this economy, and it is doubtful that I will be able to get out. I do know for sure that I will be going to one of my best friend's weddings in Gold Beach, Oregon - the site of a very memorable football camp in high school as well! I am excited for that.

My brother is jetting off to Europe the day after my birthday (which is August 13th). So insanely jealous. Though if nothing really works out as far as getting a job (I'm definitely still optimistic though), I do have 95,000 Alaska Airlines miles to burn through next fall. Not a bad option, right?

Ben said...

Hahhah cell phone dectecting is not one of your strengths as at teacher. But defrance was crazy good at it so you had back up. Anyway it won't let me make a blogger id or whatever

Luke Fritz said...

Hey Ben,

Looks like you were up late last night! Can you post your e-mail address? I can send you a link to sign up to be an adminstrator on here, using that.

Breanna White said...

I have been packing for Girls Camp :) It is going to be so much fun. I also saw the movie UP yesterday 3D and it was so sad :'(...

Lauren V. said...

I just recently got invited by Corri Chavez to go to the beach with her on the fourth of July! Hooray for fireworks on the beach! I'm also going to see Rent on the 28th! A great way to start the summer, I think.

Scout said...

i went to a super fun birthday party last night which was a carnival wooohooo and on tuesday i am going to OMSI!!! hurray

Luke Fritz said...

Hey Breanna!

I have heard from a lot of people that UP is a tearjerker. I'm not sure I want to see it then! When (and where) are you off to Girl's Camp? Sounds like fun!

Lauren,

Can you send me your e-mail address so that I can give you an invitation to be an author on this blog? I know you have tons of cool stuff to write about! Make sure to take pictures during everything this summer!

Scout,

You have to let me know how OMSI is... I haven't been since the super awesome Star Wars exhibits were there a couple of years ago. Now I think the main attraction is a CSI thing. So cool!

Brooke Preim! said...

Hey everyone!
So Im so happy its summer and Ive been in such a good mood this whole week. Except for yesterday when i had a funeral and its a lot tougher to be in a good mood when you have 2 funerals to go to. Funerals are emotionally and physically draining.
Anyway I am going to the same girls camp as Breanna and to answer your question Mr. Fritz, it starts tomorrow. It goes all the way until saturday and Im pretty excited but also kinda scared because there is NO CELLPHONES there. unless you break the rules of coarse and I haven't gone even a whole day without texting ever since i got my new cell phone.
Im going to go to Sunriver on the 26th of this month with my best friend Kenzie Gerbraucht and hopefully I can also get my other Best friend Diana Zhu to come too. Im so excited because I have a Quad there and We are also going to go boating a lot. Its going to be hella fun.
So I'll try to comment a lot this summer! Great Idea of having a photobucket too!

Luke Fritz said...

Hey Brooke!

I am glad you are in a great mood, but sad about the funerals. I am lucky to have almost no experience with funerals - it is actually really cool that nobody super close to me has passed away yet. Definitely not looking forward to finding out what that is like.

The no cell phone rule is a great one, so that people actually pay attention to the people around them. Sounds like a fun time! I am going to be pretty busy this week at Westview too - I have back to back football practices every day this week, from 1-5.

Sunriver sounds awesome! Please take pictures and post them! If you want, send me your e-mail address and I will send you an invite to be an author (like Lauren just did) here, so you can post your own pictures and thoughts on the blog whenever!

Great to hear from you! :-)

Randi said...

Hey Mr. Fritz,
Can you send me the link to become an author on here? my e-mail is mommysgirl56@yahoo.com...and if anyone wants to add me on facebook its the same e-mail and my myspace is mirandarae94@comcast.net. but don't e-mail me at that one because it was messed with somehow. :))

Luke Fritz said...

Randi,

I already sent the invitation to your Yahoo e-mail! Look again, you should have it. It might be in the spam folder. Let me know if you can't find it, and I will see what I can do to send you another one.